Job Description For Vacancy No: 237963T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Staffordshire
Job Position: Design Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
Overview of the role:
- Our client designs and manufactures 360° Midi and Mini Excavators ranging from 1T Micro up to 10T Midi Excavators. They are currently going through a major revamp of our whole range of machines, enhancing the technology and incorporating new innovation. As well as this there is also a program of work to prepare for Stage V Engines into the whole range of excavators.
- We are recruiting for a Design Engineer or Senior Design Engineer in the design of our Next Generation 360° Excavator programs.
Qualifications / Experience:
- You will be a competent and creative design engineer with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a proven record of delivery. You will have a strong understanding of CAD, PLM and Engineering processes. You will operate within a team and under your own imitative, interpreting specifications and contributing to technical discussions.
- You will have the opportunity to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge and develop yourself and make a difference to the future of machines.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and willingness to succeed
- Excellent teamwork & communication skills
- Proven working knowledge of CAD / PLM systems including surfacing.
Responsibilities: Your Responsibilities as a Design Engineer or Senior Design Engineer:
We currently have a couple of opportunities covering each of the below areas:
- The design of the bodywork and packaging on our client's range of excavators looking at all aspects from A-surfaces / structural bodywork to the execution into production.
- The design and packaging from a hydraulic system perspective on our client's range of excavators looking at all aspects from initial component selection and layout to the execution into production from a process and hydraulic drawing / schematic point of view.
- The design of the Cab / Operator Station on the range of excavators looking at all aspects from A-surfaces / HVAC installs / Ergonomics to the execution into production.
- The Structural design of the range of excavators looking at all aspects of the machine from the undercarriage all the way through to the dig end.
- The design of the engine and after-treatment packaging on the range of excavators looking at all aspects from the engine packing / mounting to the execution into production.
- The FEA / Structural design of the range of excavators looking at all aspects of the machine from the undercarriage all the way through to the dig end.
Basic Hours: 39hrs / week 08:30 to 17:00 (16:00 on Fridays)
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Fringe Benefits: Company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.