IT Operations Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager
IT Operations Manager / IT Infrastructure Manager
Location - Newcastle City Centre
We're looking for an experienced Operations Manager with proven leadership skills to join the IT function of a well known brand in Newcastle City Centre.
This is an exciting time for an experienced Operations Manager to join the team, with a huge investment being made into the IT function as part of a large digital transformation project. You will be responsible for managing the Operations Team in the support and maintenance of the IT infrastructure, ensuring optimal system performance and availability to support business needs.
Management experience and strong leadership skills are essential for this role as you will be heading up a well-established team. You will ned to provide mentoring and development of the team in changing the working culture in line with the digital transformation project.
Main Responsibilities of the Operations Manager:
- Managing Operations team in support and maintenance of IT infrastructure
- Ensuring optimal system performance and availability to support business needs
- Ensuring appropriate IT infrastructure capacity
- Working with Head of Delivery to plan implementations of new technologies and platforms
- Providing training and development plans for Operations Team
Key Skills and experience:
- 5+ years' experience of server and network administration
- Azure cloud based environments
- Working technical knowledge of SAN technology
- Windows Server 2008
- Active Directory Services
- 3+ years demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Experience of working in an ITIL aligned environment
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, Azure
If you have the required skills and experience for the above role please apply with your CV.
IT Operations Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Technical Manager, IT Operations team lead, Infrastructure team lead