My client is seeking immediate Buyers for additional support in the supply chain function for a minimum of 4 weeks to assist the Supply Chain to ensure the supply of goods is efficient and complies with business strategy and operational requirements with regards to cost, lead-time, and quality and on-time achievement.
To manage efficiently specific nominated key suppliers, to ensure that the provision of cost effective and commercial solutions is achieved.
- Execute purchase orders and automatic purchase orders in line with MRP demand and action manual purchase requisition handling in order to secure availability for goods and services for direct and / or indirect requirements
- Make request for quotations to investigate cost and availability
- Request order confirmation from suppliers and ensure they meet the clients requirements and terms
- Progress chase suppliers and coordinate issuing of delivery schedule priorities
- Action Quality Rejects and Quality Investigation Reports in a timely manner by liaising with suppliers and the quality personnel
- Action goods receipt discrepancies and queries in a timely manner by liaising with suppliers and the goods-inwards personnel
- Action invoice discrepancies and queries in a timely manner by liaising with suppliers and the finance personnel
- Support the Supply Chain function to record and monitor KPI's to optimise supply chain performance in support of spares and production requirements
- Communicate progress and escalate recurring issues to the Purchasing Manager
- Support to other team members with regards to escalation of progressing issues with suppliers
- Maintain safe working practises for self and others in accordance with the Company's policy on Health and Safety
- Purchase Order release within the current process to Finance approved limits and any subsequent reviews
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.