Category Buyer - Engineering
Around £35k dependant on experience
Our large engineering client in the Halifax area, has a fantastic opportunity for a Category Buyer with Engineering experience to join their team.
The Category Buyer will be responsible for delivery of all Services and Materials to site and to maintain business systems with up to date information and date to ensure purchasing and supply processes are driven by exceptions.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Experience of category buying within a Engineering/Technical manufacturing environment
- Machining knowledge
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specs
- Experience working across numerous projects and working closely with an international supply base and multiple cultures
- Create and implement category sourcing strategies
- Manage commercial aspects of sourcing, spend analysis and tendering
- Promote cost savings
- Undertake supplier performance reviews
- Experience with MRP systems
The Category Buyer is a permanent position, and is paying up to £36k dependant on experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV to Dominic.haley @ search.co.uk or for further information call Dominic on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.