Customer Services Assistant
CUSTOMER SERVICES ASSISTANT
Do you have a passion for after-sales care and value its importance as an integral part of a successful business? We are offering a fantastic opportunity for experienced individuals to join the UK’s fastest growing supplier to the stove and flue industry and provide a gold standard in customer services.
We need staff who can demonstrate a genuine desire to provide strong and consistent customer satisfaction; provide effective complaint resolution leaving customers satisfied and encouraged by the efficiency of the company. We want you to be a part of our friendly, dynamic team and help set us apart from the competition giving us a sales advantage in the marketplace. In exchange we will offer the right candidate extensive in-house training, an efficient but relaxed working environment and the opportunity to progress into management within a fast-paced, online retail environment.
As part of the Induction process, full training will be provided in relation to the products and services offered to customers along with customer services systems and procedures.
Job Role Includes
- Consistently demonstrating the basics of Customer Service - politeness, professional approaches to enquiries and a sense of personalisation to customers to exemplify confidence and trust; representing company values in every customer interaction
- Taking ownership of problem resolution through to acceptable conclusions at all times
- Responding to after-sales enquiries within a strict time frame of 24 hours
- Identifying patterns of issues and communicating to relevant departments
- Building working relationships with suppliers and manufacturers
- Investigating delivery time-scales with third party couriers
- Associated admin; for example, creating VAT invoices, completing Microsoft Access databases and filing
- Monitoring customer feedback and reviews across websites, eBay and Amazon
- Undertaking outbound courtesy calls
- Obtaining a suitable level of product knowledge to confidently resolve technical issues
- Consistently helping to answer a high quantity of inbound calls; however note importantly, that this is not a call centre environment and that this function is only part of the nature of the job required
- Responsible for exciting new projects to develop the business, outside of the peak season
- Proven experience of customer complaint resolution is essential, minimum 12 months required
- Thrives in a busy service environment, ideally within retail selling
- Familiarity with online retail to include eBay and Amazon
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook essential (some experience in interpreting and entering information within Microsoft Access databases would be helpful)
- Strong verbal and written skills are essential
- A calm, understanding persona to handle the occasional difficult customer
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks based on initiative is essential, negating the need to be 'micro-managed’
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy in everything you undertake
- Can perform tasks calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Driven and focussed to deliver on targets to meet the aims and objectives of not simply the department but also the business as a whole
- Positive and enthusiastic team player providing flexibility in approaches and involvement in tasks
The successful applicant will generally work 08:45am-17:30pm Monday to Friday and some Saturdays during the peak season (September through January).
Pay £18,300 - £22,000 plus loyalty holiday scheme and pension