We are an Accountancy practice based in Birmingham City Centre looking to recruit an experienced senior accountant.
The senior accountant responsibilities will be as listed below:
- Preparation of Accounts for sole traders and small to medium size Limited Companies (to include quarterly management accounts for Limited companies).
- Preparation of VAT returns and bookkeeping on quarterly basis
- Preparation of monthly payroll.
- Assist with the preparation of corporation tax and personal tax returns.
- Manage and supervise junior staff members.
- The senior will be directly reporting to the partner or senior manager.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a Senior Accountant with small to medium size accountancy practice. Suitable candidate is not required to have an accountancy professional qualification, however accountancy based background is essential. Study support will be provided for part qualified candidates should they require.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages namely Caseware, Xero Accounting, Sage Payroll, Sage Line 50, (all of these are essential for the role). Experience in other software packages namely Digita tax and QuickBooks is desirable but not essential.
- Advanced MS Excel and word skills are essential to the job.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills