Corporate Finance Analyst
Salary: up to £22,000 p.a depending on experience and qualification
Hours: fully flexible working hours.
About us: Hallidays and its previous forms is one of the oldest Chartered Accountants and business advisory practices in England. A member of Russell Bedford International, the 17th largest global accountancy network, which allows us to have international connections to support our largest clients. Hallidays’ main office is located in Stockport with circa 90 employees servicing a range of client needs including business advisory, accounts, audit, taxation, IT, HR, Wealth Management and Corporate Finance.
Hallidays Corporate Finance, a member of the Corporate Finance Network, has ambitious growth plans having been formed in January 2017 to help our core client base and new to firm businesses achieve their goals including exit planning to full company disposals, acquisitions, management buyouts and funding solutions.
Hallidays CF clients are both new to the firm and to the large Hallidays client portfolio of SME owner managed businesses with deal sizes typically between £500k to £20m.
An opportunity has arisen to join Hallidays Corporate Finance to support the team currently made up of a Director, Manager, Analyst and secretarial support.
The CF Analyst’s role will include:
- Reviewing businesses for sale (from various sources) and matching to clients who may be interested
- Reviewing databases for acquisitive companies & match to clients who may wish to sell
- Research for multiples/PE ratios for valuations and in early stage of disposals
- Research with a view to developing businesses for disposal/MBO process
- Preparation of documents including business plans, valuation reports and due diligence reports
- Preparation of base level financial projections
- Organisation of the CF pipeline schedule and reporting to team on a weekly basis
- Research of suitable funders
- Analysis of client base to highlight opportunities
- Attendance at meetings with clients and funders
- Promoting Hallidays and attending networking events
Experience/Knowledge: Understanding of basic accounting (by experience or degree in accounting/finance, AAT or similar).
- CISI / ICAEW - Certificate in Corporate Finance qualification
- Optional completion of ACCA (for those who are part-qualified)
- Extensive In-House training (incorporating personal and business development techniques)
Study leave and support will be offered in line with Hallidays’ exceptional pass rates.
Skills required for the role:
- Basic commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Numerical skills
- Team player
- Research and analytical skills
- IT literate (MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- An understanding of accounts preparation
- Smart, presentable, professional and able to build relationships of trust
- Good written, verbal communication skills, strong communicator (on the phone and in person)
- Able to prioritise and good time management
The role will enable you to develop all of the above key skills, whilst also providing an introduction to negotiation and networking skills. You will establish an understanding of the debt and equity providers in the marketplace.
We think you’ll love it here, you see we’re as dedicated to growing and supporting our team as we are our clients.
Our strong coaching culture, commitment to personal development, and our proactive approach to client care means that our core values of 'growth and support’ are at the core of everything we do.
Before you apply, you should take a look at our Vision, Mission, and Values and check that you will make a good match with our approach and culture.
Monthly and Annual Merit Awards
Training Scheme Options
Regular Team Social Events
Flexi Hours and Lieu Days
Monthly Personal Development Plan
Salary Benefit Options
Additional Holiday Entitlement
Quarterly Team Coaching Days
Industry Leading Software
If you would like to join our progressive, award-winning practice, why not begin by telling us what you can bring to Hallidays?