Junior Front End Developer
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We have a really exciting opportunity within our E-Commerce Team for a Junior Front End Developer who will be responsible for a diverse range of websites within our portfolio.
Experience in this type of role is not essential as we are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong dedication to learn and grow in the business.
This position is based in Shirebrook, near Mansfield
- Experience would be beneficial in working in the e-commerce industry in a fast paced, goal driven environment.
- You should also effectively work in a team where you can share skill sets to maximise the quality of the work.
- You should be driven and highly motivated to achieve targets in a short time frame.Using your time efficiently by prioritising and multi-tasking your work to make sure tight deadlines are not missed.
- You should be organised, make plans and schedule all work well in advance.
- A proactive person who identifies, plans and executes what needs to be improved on any of our websites.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- A good knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS.
- The ability to take wireframe designs and execute a website/landing page either from scratch or modifying existing templates that are available.
- Collaborates with UI/UX designers, Senior Front End Developers and Web Content Co-ordinators on various projects.
- You must demonstrate an ability to maintain multiple ecommerce websites simultaneously with a keen attention to detail to make sure all sites render correctly in all the most commonly used browsers and devices.
- Collaborates with SEO professionals in executing content and good practices.
- A good understanding of how to use Adobe software including Photoshop and Illustrator.