Test Development Engineer - Optoelectronics - Cambs
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for a Test Development Engineer - Optoelectronic / Electronic Devices.
This role is commutable from Cambridge, Bedford, St. Neots, Huntingdon, Sandy, Yaxley.
• Contribute to the design and development of characterisation and lifetest systems for cutting edge electronic devices.
• Develop LabView software to control automated test systems and communicate results to a database.
• Design and build test fixtures for electronic and optical measurement instrumentation. This includes CAD design and ‘hands on’ work including soldering, wiring and calibration.
• Troubleshoot and extend the capabilities of existing instrumentation systems. This requires a good understanding of electronic circuit schematics and use of test instrumentation including oscilloscope and source measure units.
• Support the design and development of prototype technology demonstrators for hybrid organic electronic devices. This includes enclosure machining, working with dev boards, electronic design, schematic capture, PCB layout, assembly package, writing C/C++ code and working with embedded firmware systems.
• Support the maintenance of existing test systems including arranging/performing periodic calibrations and writing SOPs and risk assessments.
• To create standard documentation for current and future test procedures.
• Educated to PhD level in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related subject or hold a degree coupled with equivalent relevant work experience.
• Excellent understanding of electronics fundamentals and the ability to apply this knowledge.
• LabView experience is essential.
• Experience with 2D CAD required, experience with 3D CAD would be beneficial.
• Experience in test automation is essential.
• Experience with using electronics development equipment including source-measure units / oscilloscope/ logic analysers.
• Show capability to diagnose equipment problems at the system and component level in order to maintain a good level of efficiency.
• Electronics prototyping skills essential, experience with SMD soldering would be preferred.
• Practical 'hands on' laboratory test, circuit construction and measurement experience.
• Understanding of programming microcontrollers in C.
• Knowledge of statistical methods for data analysis is required.
• Experience in Hi-Tech R&D and preferably semiconductor manufacturing environment is desirable.
• Experience with programming in C/C++/C# or similar would be desirable.
• Experience with Android App development desirable.
• Familiarity with software version control systems is desirable.
• SQL database experience desirable.
• Line management experience would be beneficial.
• Experience of Windows and Microsoft Office products is highly desirable as these will be used on a daily basis.
Salary c£32-35k per annum, flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this Test Development Engineer - Optoelectronics role in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!