Network Security Consultant
Network Security Consultant
Our client is a leading technology service company based in Watford and now looking for a Security Consultant to work in the Services team. You will help to provide design and deployment of technical solutions and services to our clients' customers.
Duties will include working with the Pre-sales and PMO teams. You will need to take ownership of the delivery of technical solutions within the client base.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the role shall include:
* Provide technical presales support to the agile sales team, which includes:
o Attendance to customer meetings/presentations
o Creation of proposals, BOM's and solution and service designs
o Creation of high and low level designs
o Peer review deliverables as required
* Installation of solutions and services as designed either by presales, themselves or another member of the professional services team
* Create detailed documentation of all tasks undertaken
* Support the service desk in providing customer support as diary allows
You will need to be able to demonstrate a good technical understanding of all aspects of technology, with a commitment to delivering excellent customer service with a willingness to take ownership.
Technical knowledge and skills to include:
* Minimum CCNP certified
* Solid all round understanding of Cisco architecture platforms and technologies
* Experience of implementing Cisco Security technologies, with a high knowledge level on Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower
* Cisco ISE
* An awareness of Cisco Networking platforms and technologies
* CCNA/P - Networking
* CCNA/P - Wireless
* Cisco Umbrella, Cisco CES, Cisco CloudLock, Cisco CWS, Cisco Ironport, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco vASA
* Exposure to other security products from the likes of - Meraki, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper etc.
* This role would suit a person with experience of working within a busy Professional Services or someone who would like to challenge themselves within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
* You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience of working within an IT reseller or MSP will be valuable, but not essential.
As a Consultant you will need to be outgoing, highly organised, disciplined and adaptable with excellent communication skills. You must be willing to get stuck in with day-to-day operational tasks, handle high volumes of work and run multiple work streams.
In addition to this you must:
* Be able to communicate at all levels of an organisation to CEO level
* Be able to adapt your communication style to the audience you are presented with
* Demonstrate the ability to build cross-departmental relationships (sales, managed services, PMO etc)
* Be able to work equally as part of a team (with Project Managers, other consultants etc.) or alone depending on the engagement type with a client
* Have a keen eye for detail ensuring accuracy in all BOM's, proposals and documentation
* Be passionate about the technology that you recommend and install
* Have a keen eye for detail and observational skills
* Be able to work to deadlines
* Be confident and approachable
If you're interested in making a positive impact and would like the opportunity to grow personally and professionally-we'd love hear from you.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted and that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.