SENIOR NET DEVELOPER
The Just Group is a FTSE-listed specialist UK based financial services company. We’re a new kind of Retirement Company. However we have decades of experience helping people to prepare for retirement and protect their income in later life, and our customers are the focus of everything that we do.
We enjoy a progressive, collaborative and caring work environment with competitive packages to match, and are committed to internal progression opportunities.
We have an office in the heart of London, at Bishopsgate. The nearest Tube Station is Liverpool Street, which is a 4 minute walk.
- To develop, support and maintain software solutions in line with the Company’s architectural vision, and in accordance with departmental project standards and practices.
Bespoke applications To develop high-quality bespoke applications using appropriate, industry-standard tools, technologies and languages. Aligned to the organizational target architecture.
Technical documentation To ensure that high-quality documentation is developed, maintained, regularly reviewed and stored for all solutions developed
Quality assurance To perform peer reviews of code and documentation in order to ensure that procedures and standards are followed consistently. Continuously work towards the objective of building in quality and provide appropriately tested solutions.
Service Desk requests To act as second and third-line support in undertaking tasks assigned via Service Desk
Agile Techniques Actively participate, contribute and mentor others to adopt Agile practices.
Mentoring Take a proactive role within the team to support the development of colleagues. Where necessary providing task monitoring and coaching of other team members.
Release and Deployment Preparation of all release content and documentation, ensuring it is fit for purpose when required. Take an active role in continually improving deployment capability and maximising deployment reliability and quality in all environments.
Technical leadership To take the Technical Lead role on projects where required, as well as working with Solution Architects and Development Team Managers to deliver solutions.
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent - highly desirable
- Computer science related qualification
- Certified Scrum Master (or equivalent) - desirable
Skills and Knowledge
Demonstrable skills in one or more of the following:
- C# and VB.Net & working within a .Net Architecture
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (using tools like TFS, MSBuild, Release Management)
- Demonstrable experience within Microsoft applications and platforms.
- A team player to proactively work in an Agile project environment.
- Work within SOLID principles
- Incorporate Test Driven Development
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- An aptitude for systems development and the ability to understand and manage complex concepts
Excellent proven experience in delivery solutions with one or more of the following:
C# and VB.Net & working within a .Net Architecture
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (using tools like TFS, MSBuild, Release Management)
Excellent proven experience of delivering .Net and/or Microsoft Dynamics solutions
Experience with IT development processes and delivery lifecycles; development methodology; release strategy and configuration management; development tools, and applications across full project lifecycles.
Experience working within an Agile environment; delivering within defined Sprints; familiarity with Agile principles ceremonies.
Experience and knowledge of Agile, XP and DevOps development and testing practises and techniques. For Example: TDD, SOLID, BDD.