In-House Solicitor Financial Services
In-house Solicitor (Financial Services)
Location: Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire
Salary: Upto £75k plus excellent benefits, the salary offered will depend on level of experience
Full Time Permanent – although we will consider applications from candidates also seeking temporary/interim and part time positions.
This client who operates UK wide across the finance sector is seeking to appoint a full time permanent In House Solicitor. As the company is projecting significant continued growth, it is envisaged that the successful applicant will have a lot of opportunity for career progression. Working in a busy and growing environment, this role is likely to continue to evolve.
We are seeking to support our client in expanding their legal team with a strong corporate/ transactional lawyer with experience dealing with corporate transactional work and or lending/banking work.
The main responsibility for the in-house Solicitor will be to take a lead role in the loan transaction process and provide commercial legal advice in relation to a wide variety of transactions. The role will report into General Counsel and will work closely with the Loan Transaction Team and senior leadership teams.
The in-house solicitor will ideally have strong exposure and management experience of transactional matters. Experience in dealing with a variety of stakeholders and instructing and working with external lawyers / advisors where relevant will be an advantage.
An understanding of Crowd Funding/peer to peer lending is desirable as is experience of financial services/an FCA regulated environment.
- Overseeing the day to day management of the Loan Transaction Team (legals and securities).
- Providing accurate legal advice on secured lending transactions.
- Preparing loan and security documentation to safeguard the Business’ interests as a secured lender.
- Liaising with Borrower’s solicitors and external advisers and business partners to complete lending transactions in a timely and effective manner.
- Dealing with post-completion registrations and formalities relating to lending transactions.
- Assisting Loan Management Team in relation to the preparation of Default Notices and Variation Agreements.
- Providing advice and assistance to other departments of the Group.
- Maintain legal knowledge and be aware of any legislative changes.
- Proven experience in Corporate and/or Banking transactions
- Working Knowledge of security structures and taking security
- Experience with managing a range of projects
- The ability to work autonomously whilst being a reliable team player
- Commercial acumen
- Adept at managing stakeholders
- Strong drafting and negotiations skills
- Broad commercial law experience
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Can Do Attitude
Should you be an In-House Solicitor with experience in the Financial Services industry, we would be very keen to see your CV.