Onsite Command Centre Engineer
Reporting to the OCC Shift Supervisor, the primary function of this role is to provide a technical response/ fix to incidents (raised from alerts on the monitoring platform), changes and service requests reported by Daisy customers, performing second line diagnostics to resolve or identify the best possible next escalation path. This role is based within a Department that provides 24x7x365 cover.
- Provide 2nd Line support for customer technical services to Daisy’s customer base including incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels along with providing network support and detailed diagnostics on various multi-vendor solutions.
- Participate in a 24x7 based shift pattern to cover all relevant technologies and flexibly adapt to ensure adequate team cover.
- Carry out proactive maintenance to maximize availability including patching, config backup and capacity management.
- Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required.
- Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology.
- Participate in Change Management process, creating and updating CAB Requests as appropriate, attending CAB meetings at request as appropriate to ensure proposed changes do not compromise infrastructure availability.
- Establish effective working relationships with key parties from internal stakeholders to external suppliers; encourage stakeholder engagement and drive high quality working relationships.
Proven experience in configuration, troubleshooting and fault finding on:
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Backup technology such as Backup Exec
- Virtual solutions
- Troubleshooting multi-vendor Enterprise Level network devices
- Raising issues to and working with service providers to resolve circuit issues
- Security devices/firewalls
- Wireless controllers and WAPs
You must be able to ensure your customers are proactively updated verbally and via ticketing system in line with system processes.
You will be able to work to ITIL standards and maintain proper documentation for operations.
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.