This position is working for South Cambridgeshire District Council which is based in Cambourne near Cambridge, St Ives, and St Neots.
Cambourne Business Park is a thriving working environment with award winning architecture, beautifully landscaped surroundings and impressive state of the art amenities which set this self-contained community apart from any other.
Eligibility to apply for a permanent role starts from day one! Many public sector organisations offer permanent contracts with flexible working hours. This could be an opportunity to start as a temporary worker, prove yourself and apply for permanent positions as they arise. This role will involve:
· Prepare financial monitoring reports and projections, covering revenue and capital, income and expenditure, to ensure that the financial position of the council is managed.
· Develop and update financial models to support the medium term financial strategy for the council as a whole, as well as detailed budgeting, monitoring and reporting of financial information for budget holders and other users.
· Compile budgets and forecasts for departmental salaries in accordance with agreed timetables. Review and analyse payroll data against these budgets and forecasts, to support the management of staff costs.
· Undertake recharge modelling and apportionment for budgets, forecasts and actuals. Develop the recharge process and model to meet changing business requirements and to ensure that the full cost of services is understood.
· Develop and enhance the councils financial processes and systems to ensure that they provide efficient and effective support to the key work areas of budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
· Complete benchmarking exercises as required, to identify opportunities for service improvements or efficiencies.
· Liaise with and provide information to internal and external auditors.
We are looking for a general Management Accountant to support to financial Manangement system project. The successful candidate should have good spreadsheet / excel skills, have the ability to work a variety of budgets and budget holders and able to support year end close.