Our client a global marketing company are seeking to recruit a senior accountant to bridge the gap between the transactional staff and the Financial Controller.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Financial Controller / Finance Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Responsible for US office accounts
- Responsible for aspects of UK accounts
- Deputise for Financial Controller when required
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance controller
Daily / Weekly
In relation to UK and US accounts:
- Update UK and US cash books with bank transactions
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly posted, recorded, filed, and reported in Exchequer and cash book.
- Check CRM for invoiced clients and ensure clients are invoiced in a timely manner
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Post invoices to the accounting system in a timely manner.
- Maintain ledgers.
- Ensure US accounts are closed within 8 business days of month-end
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Reconcile all key balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and no later than end of following month
- VAT/GST returns.
- Intercompany account review and necessary postings
- Payroll - process and send returns as directed by Financial Controller
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Monthly review of debtor ageing and chase any long overdue balances
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing
- Assist the financial controller in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an ACCA, CIMA finalist or Newley qualified accountant. You will need to be ambitious and looking to develop your technical and soft skills in this role.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be part of a dynamic and supportive team, and will be able to develop your skills in a global business. There is a generous benefits and bonus package, as well as long-term career opportunities. You will have the backing of a global brand, with opportunity for you across the world.