Senior Expenses Clerk
Robert Walters are recruiting for a Senior Expenses Clerk on a 12 month fix term contract. This is a great opportunity join a market leading organisation based in Coventry, with the potential of this role going permanent.
The Purpose and Responsibilities of the Expenses Clerk:
To coordinate the organisations expenses procedures and on-line expenses system to ensure the smooth running of the Expenses function within set deadlines and deliver the service in a customer-focused manner. To ensure legislation and the companies policy is adhered to and support Payroll Management and other senior colleagues in delivering the Expenses service.
- Undertake maintenance issues connected with Concur including set-up of new users, cost codes and disabling accounts for leavers.
- Administer duties as required in the companies expenses system (Concur) including check and sign off on-line expenses claims as well as manual expenses and other related claims to ensure compliance and prevent errors.
- Management of the companies corporate credit cards including processing of applications.
- Posting of batches on to the SAP system for manual claims.
- Deal with Concur and SAP based problems within the Expenses team and liaise with Finance department accordingly.
- Coordinate, control and provide support to the Expenses team whilst monitoring workloads for cover and delegate as appropriate ensuring continuity and timely process of the expenses function.
- Administer and process the companies PAYE Settlement Agreement for HMRC and calculate the required benefits as necessary in accordance with HMRC published timescales.
- Ensure awareness and be fully updated on any future legislation changes from payroll information sources in order to keep up to date with current & forthcoming statutory & non statutory changes.
Must have skills and experience of the Expenses Clerk:
- Previous experience in a payroll & expenses environment. Preferably experience of SAP & Concur.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PAYE, statutory and general tax legislation.
- Knowledge of IT, computer literate - Excel & Word.
- Previous experience of working in a busy, high volume complex payroll environment.
- Experience of service delivery in a customer friendly environment
- Fast and accurate data entry skills and prioritising effectively in a busy environment.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate complex statutory legislation in a clear and concise manner with a range of colleagues and other service users.
- Ability to process and resolve complex expenses, payroll and tax issues.
- Computer literate including MS office applications: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Essential knowledge of PAYE legislation.
- Essential knowledge of Statutory legislation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80542577