AJ Chambers are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors based in Chelmsford. They are looking for someone who can provide on-site management of each assurance assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- To be a key part of assurance teams undertaking assignments, including opportunities to lead the on-site element of the work.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision, and "on the job" training for less experienced members of staff, whether as lead supervisor or as part of a team.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients.
- To review work completed by less experienced staff for adequacy and completeness, and to discuss and document feedback at the completion of each assignment.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional CPD requirements.
- To attend staff meetings and training and to assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as required by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
- Candidates must be ACA, ACCA part-qualified with preferred first time passes in all examinations.
- Minimum 12 months exposure to assurance assignments with a reputable firm.
- Eagerness to learn and grow into the role, liaising directly with managers, partners and senior client finance staff
- Willingness to show initiative and take responsibility for the completion of assignments, and to assist with managing own workload and those of staff around you to enable assignments to be delivered.
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers.