Junior DBA Specialist
As Junior DBA Specialist you will report directly to the Senior DBA and Software Engineering Manager. You will be involved in the maintenance of the SQL Server database for production application, including administrative responsibilities and database development.
As Junior DBA Specialist your key duties will include:
- Performing SQL Server upgrades, applying patches, and monitoring status
- Performance tuning
- Scheduling jobs and job monitoring
- Work trouble tickets for operations
- Helping to promote development changes into production
- Setting up and testing new database and data handling systems
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data
- Creating complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Take part in database design
- Training colleagues in how to input and extract data
- Work collaboratively with staff to continually improve operations and service levels
Key experience and skills required:
- Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), SQL Language and XML database management systems.
- Experience with SQL development
- Some Experience with database administration and troubleshooting
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Team player, flexible, accurate, hands-on mentality
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
Horus of work: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 22 days + bank holidays
Onsite parking. Own transport required due to office location.
Please click Apply Now and submit your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80542425