Mechanical Site Supervisor
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Site Supervisor to join a leading industrial contractor to work on a Water Project in Portsmouth, on a permanent basis. Due to an increased workload they are looking for a Mechanical Site supervisor to join their expert Water Team.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities which will include:
- Managing the completion of site installation work ensuring work is on schedule and within budget.
- Supervising all personnel working on the site, monitoring productivity and ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Ordering materials, ensuring correct materials on site when required.
- Organising labour requirement on site ensuring that the agreed labour is on site at the required time.
- Undertake briefings on method statements, risk assessment and toolbox talks.
- Liaising with customers ensuring work is carried out to the agreed specifications.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of work, ensuring successful completion.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Supervisory experience in a mechanically based role.
- Experience in the UK Water Sector.
- Mechanical Engineering NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- SSSTS or SMSTS qualified.
- CSCS Card and EUSR Water Hygiene Card advantageous.
- Pressure testing experience.
- Strong management and delegation skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Punctual, reliable and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, including time-management and multi-tasking
This role will require the successful candidate to undergo a medical examination to identify fitness to carry out the role in question, including the fitness to work with electrical power tools, to work at heights and in confined spaces.
As well as a competitive salary the client offer a number of benefits including a company van, Life Assurance and employee recognition schemes.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work within the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please call Rebecca Bush on , email rebecca.bush @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13898 or apply directly using the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.