Accounts Assistant paying up to 35K/ Southwark
One of the UK fast growing Fintech company, based in London is looking for a Accounts Assistant to join their small but rapidly growing team.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody interested in pursuing a career in accounting. Working in a team environment, you will be involved in a varied accounting role.
Some previous accounts experience is desired; however, training will be provided in any areas that will be new to you. The ideal candidate will be actively studying towards an accounting qualification i.e. AAT.
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Processing employee expense claims and ensuring employees are reimbursed in line with the company's expenses policy.
- Matching invoices against POs and investigating/ managing any discrepancies to resolution
- Assisting with the completion of the month-end close process.
- Dealing with accounts queries upon request via phone and email
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc reports and projects
- Support in implementing new systems, processes and controls
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of basic Accounting concepts and double entry.
- Good Excel skills i.e Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas (Bonus)
- Studying towards a professional qualification, e.g. AAT, or a recent graduate
- Great communication skills, both in writing and on the phone
- Extremely driven, energetic and proactive
- Proactive and able to show initiative to constantly improve AP processes
- Well organised, methodical and conscientious
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
- Eager to help out and get involved
- Study Support (AAT / CIMA)
- Great culture and team environment
- Fun quarterly socials and team off-sites!
- Career Progression
- Fast growing organisation