Julie Rose Recruitment is looking for a Development Analyst to suggest, implement and test changes to our client’s financial models and associated processes in their Actuary department.
Reporting to the Head of Modelling you will develop yourself to become a technical programming expert, acting as a key contact for colleagues and third parties needing to understand our client’s models.
Key Responsibilities for the Development Analyst:
- Maintain model documentation
- Communicate model methodology to other teams
- Support Head of Modelling in devising model strategy
- Assist model change and validation activities to agreed deadlines
- Follow, improve and promote model change processes and controls
Person specification for the Development Analyst:
- Numerate individual with strong IT skills
- IT coding experience
- Excellent analytical skills - keen to learn and absorb details on business structure, product features and customer requirements, and then produce clear specifications
- Strong personal organisation skills - can manage expectations and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excel skills essential
- At least 3 A levels (or equivalent) and a degree (2:1 or higher), ideally in a numerate subject