Senior Quality, Engineering & H&S Coordinator
Senior Quality, Engineering & H&S Coordinator, Immed Start, FTC 9-12months £38,000-£41,000 +Car Allowance
Your new company
Our client is one of the largest players in the their market internationally and number 1 worldwide supplier of products. Offering products with high added value to outfit automobile interiors. Their long industrial tradition and mastery of a broad technologies portfolio have positioned us as a key reference in the automotive sector. Dominating the complete component cycle from component conception and design, through development and validation to parts industrialisation and sequenced delivery.
Your new role
Your new role will include the following responsibilities;
- Provision of a high class Quality Management service to site.
- Appropriate Quality Management tools (TQM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, etc) and systems that scrap levels and customer rejections are minimised.
- Provision of quality related statistics on a periodic or ad hoc basis.
- Monitor and report customer and supplier rejections, taking action where necessary.
- Administration of the Quality documentation system for the site.
- Liaise with LMG production facility management and Quality/Engineering department to resolve and avert potentials issue and to proactively develop new ideas.
- Regular liaison with customer and supplier representatives to resolve and avoid issues.
- Ensure high visibility of Quality operatives with production environment.
- Appropriate and necessary production Line checks are made according to procedures.
- Ensure that Health and Safety training is undertaken and risk assessments carried out where necessary in the area of responsibility.
- Ensuring Quality team are trained in their responsibilities, in relevant aspects of Total Quality Management and are given development opportunities necessary to the advancement of the function and the Company.
- Quality/Engineering UETs are undertaken on a monthly basis (minimum).
- Liaise with the TQM advisor to ensure that site workforce are appropriately trained in TQM principles.
- Health and Safety training is undertaken and risk assessments carried out in where necessary in the area of responsibility.
- Responsibility for the control of CCC certified products.
- All employees undergo the Environmental induction and sign for it.
- Ensure that the Operating Instructions for waste disposal are followed.
- Be aware of the Emergency Instructions. I.e. do not use any chemicals unless authorised by the Environmental Co-Ordinator.
What you'll need to succeed
- 6 Sigma Green Belt
- PPAP, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, SPC
- Project Management
- Budget planning
- Background in GD&T
- Academic degree in Engineering or related discipline (BSC or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in automotive quality function
- Minimum 3 years' experience of working in a leadership role with JIT and/or manufacturing facilities
- QHSE Auditor Qualifications
- Knowledge of SAP or similar software
- Knowledge of QIM, TTM, Flash Audits, Customer Vision
- NEBOSH Trained
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.