Our client is looking to hire a new Company Accountant to replace the incumbent who is retiring after 19 years.
The role involves:
- Handling the whole company financial procedures
- Payroll using Sage 200
- VAT returns
- PAYE payments and returns
- Paying Creditors
- Online Banking
- Managing day to day accounts processing
- Purchase ledger invoice processing and supplier payments
- Supplier reconciliations
- Month end stock accounting
- Processing expenses
- Month end accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Day to day cash flow management and reporting
- Maintaining Fixed Assets register
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - will consider part qualified
- Will have worked at management accountant level
- Good accounting software knowledge and experience - Sage 200
- Experience in the sector would be useful
- Experienced Excel user and proficient in other MS Office products.
- Proactive and self-motivated with excellent system skills.