Behaviour Teaching Assistant - Secondary School
*** Graduate Teaching Assistant ***
*** Secondary School ***
*** KS3 - KS4 ***
We are working with Secondary Schools who are currently looking to recruit a graduate teaching assistant. This will be working under the instructions of the SENCo and SEN department, assisting pupils of all abilities, aged 11 - 16 in Key Stages 3 and 4.
This secondary school has excellent facilities and experienced, ambitious staff who aim to provide the best level of support to all students. There are pupils in each year group who have various special educational needs, who are supported by enthusiastic and experienced teaching staff who make full use of the school's well-equipped facilities, allowing them to give students the appropriate level of support to enable them to succeed academically and socially.
You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with specific students, some of whom have mild autism, dyslexia or mild asperger's syndrome, assisting them with their class work up to GCSE level. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting students with their work in mainstream classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a PGCE or Teacher training program in the future, who are looking to increase their experience working in schools.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'