Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Position Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Location Head Office/London
Reports to Financial and Business Controller
Direct reports None
Job summary/scope of the role:
This role will partner group functions and will provide commercial financial analysis and insight to achieve strategic goals, analyze business performance and provide guidance to drive growth.
- To prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to ensure the management team make well-informed decisions for profit growth and sustainability.
- To provide high quality support service for management on all aspects of commercial finance; combining accounting and business management.
- To assist with the production of monthly financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries including inventory and trade debtor control and accruals review.
- To monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- To monitor and evaluate corporate governance, risk management and internal controls through appropriate and effective Global financial control environments, policies and procedures.
- To take actively part of Budget and forecast processes during the financial year.
- You will partner with the business to implementing effective growth strategies.
- You will provide financial analytical support to the management team and other departments where necessary.
- You will build monthly management account reporting process.
- You will partner departments in the analysis of their financial KPI’s, challenging and offering guidance to support business growth plans.
- You will assess and advise management on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions, including the preparation of Capital Expenditure (Capex) proposals, inventory forecasting and other incremental decisions.
- You can perform quality assurance activity to ensure the integrity of the financial data remains with the highest standards.
- Qualified or finalist member of (CIMA, ACCA) or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Confident in forecasting and preparing budgets.
- Strong retail background.
- Advanced Excel/IT skills. SAP preferable but not essential.
- Have the ability to understand the detail but also able to take a big picture approach
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication, leadership and mentoring skills at all levels.
- Ability/flexibility to work in a small UK team, operating as a "hands-on" leader, happy to be involved in setting up new processes, financial controls and putting your stamp on the team.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Resilient, determined and able to influence and shape the business.