2nd Line Engineer - VIP Support - London
After exciting internal changes, we are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Engineer to join our IT team in London.
The 2nd Line Engineer is responsible for processing any technical issues and Service Requests escalated by the Service Desk Team whilst meeting deadlines and stakeholder's expectations. The role varies from building, securing and repairing computers to providing advice and support on software installations and fixes and Hardware (Laptops, Desktops, Thin terminals, Computer peripherals, Mobile devices, Network components, etc).
The 2nd Line Engineer will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. Liaising with third party suppliers and key stakeholders may also be required, therefore you must be able to communicate clearly to people at all levels. Daily checks, monitoring of network connectivity, as well as creating and maintaining any technical documentation and databases are also key tasks.
We are looking for an individual who can support our Senior Management Team including our directors based in the Centre of Engagement, London.
The successful candidate must have:
- Microsoft Active Directory knowledge
- Knowledge of network practice and procedures (LAN & WAN)
- Knowledge of Laptops, Desktops, Computers, Printers, Routers, etc.
- Microsoft Operating and Application support experience (inc Windows 7, MS Office 2003- 2013)
- Knowledge of antivirus and malware applications
- Previous experience of working in a 2nd line support role
- Document writing and data analysis experience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
This role is based in our Peterborough office, shifts are rota'd between 8am-6pm so you must be flexible to work between these times Monday-Friday. Occasional travel may be required.
If you are looking for a new challenge where your work will make a difference, please apply using your CV and covering letter.
*Please note this is initially a fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.