Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Support Workers to deliver the highest quality of care and support to our service users with learning disabilities in their own homes in Edinburgh and the surrounding suburbs through our local branch.
As a Newcross Support Worker, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other care agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Your Supporting Role
Newcross relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You will be delivering high quality care to our services users with learning disabilities in their own homes.
You will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, championing their needs and enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Competitive salary, up to £ 13.94 paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
We value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression, so we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and progress further in their career.
We are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.To apply for this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, preferable but not essential
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Located in the Scottish capital, Newcross Healthcare's Edinburgh branch is based at the Quadrant, New Mart Place a short walk from the Slateford train station.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.