Strategic Corporate Finance - Top 30 Practice Firm
A leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, serving local SMEs, private clients and regional, national and international businesses, are looking to expand their Corporate Finance department.
- The Strategic Corporate Finance team is planning to grow significantly in the next three years and is prioritising the development of executive grade team members.
- The department is winning projects that require skills from an accounting practice background to support the variety of skills already within the team.
- This role will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to learn about Strategy and M&A as part of their wider development.
- Building financial models for growth funding, exit and acquisition: This will require the ability to build an accurate, robust but simple model from a blank excel sheet utilising underlying knowledge of how to build a P&L, cash flow statement and balance sheet from the ground up.
- Valuations: The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the different valuation methodologies, have the potential to be trained in how to craft a valuation report, and have a commercial eye to understand what drives value in an organisation.
- Due Diligence assignments: The team are often mandated by acquirers and banks to evaluate the financial strength, robustness and future of a target company given a certain set of strategic goals/transaction purpose.
- The ideal candidate will be able to understand these goals and apply both a critical eye and strong financial knowledge to investigate the target and form an assessment.
- Supporting transactions and strategic planning: The individual will often be part of seeing major strategic decisions emerge from the very start and have an opportunity to help contribute towards the design the lifecycle of a business.
- ACA/ACCA/CFA (preferably newly qualified with up to 2 years PQE in a general practice environment).
- An initial understanding of strategy and corporate finance in SME and a desire to learn more.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the practice and to client sites.
- An up to date knowledge of the latest Accounting Standards.
- Handling multiple complex projects simultaneously, for different managers/partners with varying styles, in an environment where client situations evolve quickly and expectations adjust.
- Confidence in their own ability and accounting/finance knowledge.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Monday to Friday (09:00-17:30).
- 25 days Holiday (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme).
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Social Activities/Charitable Events.
For more information on this vacancy, please contact Colin Priddle at Taylor Hawkes.