Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller professional, to join our client’s group and help to deliver their aspirations and potential.
Due to continued growth, a newly created role offers an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller to join our client’s growing Shared Services finance team based at their dealership in Exeter, serving several group dealerships in Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
The successful candidate will have the privilege of moving with the team into their new state of the art dealership which is currently under construction and opens in July 2018.
- Highly competitive salary of £19,000 - £20,000 per annum
- Full time, Monday to Friday.
- Workplace pension
- Life insurance
- Employee discounts
Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller Responsibilities:
Working as part of the shared service accounts team, the Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller will provide valuable management information to operational management and Directors through a variety of tasks, both routine and ad-hoc, including:
- Review, report and resolve cash & vehicle debtors including liaison with operational Staff
- Debtor collection
- Various debtor reporting, including statements and other ad hoc reports
- Work alongside dealership management teams providing business partnering approach, identifying process improvement on all debtor issues
- Delegation of daily workload to sales ledger team members
- Processing of cash and bank reconciliation
- Review and setting up of new customer accounts
- Process & post warranty receipts
- Collection by DD of debtor payments
- Help to identify and implement process improvements
- Check and promote adherence to group processes and policies
- Support the Franchise & Dealership accountants to prepare and close sales ledger, reconciling back to nominal ledger for accuracy on working day 3
- Support Franchise Accountant in developing group wide credit control and reporting
The ideal Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller will have:
- Experience of credit control within a busy accounts team.
- Good inter-personal, organisational and communication skills.
- Flexible, willing, "can do" approach. Keen to undertake challenges and be hands on.
- Excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong process and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- AAT qualified or demonstrable skills to an equivalent level.
The perfect applicant will have the following (note: desirable, not essential):
- Motor trade experience.
- Experience of using Kerridge motor trade accounting software.
- Commercial experience.
- Experience of supervising other accounts staff.
Helston Garages Group are one of the 25 largest dealer groups in Britain employing more than 1,100 staff across 37 franchise dealerships providing customers throughout Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset with high-quality new and used cars and vans generating a turnover in excess of £600 million and representing a range of franchises including VW, Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover and Skoda. The company is privately, family owned and is very proud of their history, determined to retain the principles of honest dealing, customer service and staff welfare that are responsible for nearly 60 years of success.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the top 25 dealer groups in the UK. If you feel you have the skills, aptitude and attitude to be our client’s Senior Accounts Assistant / Credit Controller, then please click 'apply’.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.