Customer Advisor - 6 hours
Who we are
We are the UK's leading independent multi-channel retailer of maternity wear, babywear and nursery products; with 80+ stores in the UK and ROI. We have a thriving e-commerce presence, and a growing international trade department. From humble beginnings we now employ over 800 people in the UK.
The key to our success is down to our passion for people and our commitment to running an ethical and sustainable company. Couple this with our gorgeous designs, innovative products, attention to detail and never ending pursuit of high standards means we have built a company that makes us proud.
We may have grown into a major retailer but we haven’t forgotten our roots for providing great quality and value for money. The passion we have for engaging with our customer means we are a business that can be trusted. Helping people will be something that comes naturally to you. You will thrive in JoJo if you truly care about creating a fun, informative and engaging environment for our customers and your colleagues. You will have an inquisitive nature, which means you will always want to stay up to date with our new products, we are happy for you to play with toys and products if it helps you pass on knowledge to our customer. We work in small teams, so you must love supporting and respecting each other, it’s all about working together to create a store that you’re proud of and our customers return to time and time again. If you love babies, well that’s a bonus!
What we expect from you
- To guide, inform and assist our customers in the correct purchase of our vast range of clothing and products. This could be a newly pregnant woman, an expectant dad, an excited grandparent or other friends or family.
- You will have a natural interest in people and a desire to help our customers in many different and sometimes diverse situations, from bra measuring or discussing our maternity wear, to demonstrating a baby carrier to an intrigued dad.
- You will need the ability to learn and retain a high level of product information and be able to communicate this effectively to our customers. To help you we offer in-house training via one-to-one, group and computer-based training.
- You will need a self-develop mentality and a curiosity to learn new product independently to feel really confident in discussing all our stuff.
- We don’t like hard sales techniques, but you will need to demonstrate a level of sales ability, which includes active listening skills, empathy and an understanding of our customers’ needs.
- You will be working within a small team; therefore, the ability to be flexible and work in a harmonious and respectful manner always makes it a little easier for everyone.
- Our hygiene and housekeeping rules are exacting, as such you will have a keen eye for maintaining standards and take pride in keeping your store looking immaculate at all times.
- You must have a 'can do’ attitude to fit into our company philosophy and enjoy your role.
What we look for in you
- Previous retail experience
- Customer service and sales experience
- IT skills
- Ability to meet our customers needs
- Previous experience in a babywear/maternity environment
- Competitive hourly rate
- Incremental holiday entitlement, 28 days rising to 38 days p.a. (inc. BH)
- Monthly store incentive schemes
- Area Manager monthly incentives
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- JoJo saving scheme
- Great social events
- Up to 40% staff discount off JoJo branded lines
- Ongoing training and educational development initiatives