Credit Controller - Financial Shared Services
Credit Controller - Financial Shared Service
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Financial Shared Services?
Financial Shared Service (FSS) is a 120-strong support function for all business units across Greene King. We consist of entry level transaction roles (e.g. Purchase ledger, Payroll, Credit control) to part-qualified and qualified Management Account roles. Each team has supervisory and managerial roles with a promote-from-within ethos, so for team members that reflect our Winning Ways, there is significant potential of career growth!
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Credit Controller - Invoice to Cash Team
Overview of role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Brewing & Brands Credit Control Team within the Finance Shared Services Department for an experienced Credit Controller. The main focus of the role is to provide a full credit control service to a designated group of Free Trade Customers.
- Day to day credit control for a designated group of customers.
- To communicate regularly with SDM, Commercial and Credit Control Manager on all matters relating to credit control.
- Ensuring correct administration of customer accounts.
- Day to day administration support e.g. copy invoices, statements etc.
- Liaise with the Legal team and ensure the necessary actions take place in regard to unrecoverable debt
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, email and in person
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Essentially a team player, however, self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong customer service ethos
- Competent user of Excel and familiar with windows based products Outlook experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP system desirable
- Credit control experience essential
- Understanding of the Greene King business models desirabl
What can we offer you?
* Competitive salary
* 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
* Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
* Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
* 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
* Offsite parking