SEN Co-ordinator (SENCo) - East London
Job Title: SENCo
Location: Newham, East London
Salary Scale: £180-240 per day depending on experience and scale
Start Date: ASAP
GSL Education are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and talented SENCo to join a vibrant and ambitious school located in the London Borough of Newham.
The role is at a large, 11-16 mixed comprehensive school. The school was judged 'Good’ by Ofsted and has just celebrated its 6th consecutive year of record-breaking exam results.
The school is looking for someone who can start immediately and this is a temporary position to cover the Summer Term.
The successful applicant will have experience and knowledge of how to raise the attainment of students with special education needs as well as the experience of working in partnership with mainstream teachers.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure check.
The Successful Candidate will
- Be an experienced SENCo.
- Be able to start a role immediately or after the Easter break.
- Have experience of small group teaching of students with complex SEND and ASD.
- Have experience of leading, deploying and managing a team of SEND teachers and LSAs.
- Have experience of carrying out annual reviews and report writing.
- Have experience of partnership working with external agencies.
- Have experience of partnership working with families, including challenging families.
- Have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Have experience of using a range of IT including excel.
- Have an understanding of Keeping Children Safe in Education in particular as applies to students with SEND.
- Hold National SENCo award. (Desirable)
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Brittany Alan, as soon as possible.