Junior BI Developer
Job Description: Junior BI Developer
Are you interested in all things data and be looking to be part of and grow with a fast-moving company? Are you the kind of individual who thrives on expanding your skillsets by working on several exciting projects? Then this could be a role for you.
We are seeking a Junior BI Developer to join our technology team. You will need to understand BI concepts and principles and be able to work with technical and business stakeholders to help them gain insight from their data. This role will give you the opportunity to not only work on a mix of different BI projects, either independently or as part of a team. You will have opportunities to work with the company’s data pipeline, develop your skills on cloud-based warehousing and ETL tools.
Reporting into the Data Lead, the Junior BI Engineer is responsible for developing dashboards, reports, models and tools to analyse, report and present data for the business using Microsoft Power BI and other tools for bespoke solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create dashboards, reports and models and tools within Microsoft Power BI to help the business gain insight from its data
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their data and make data driven decisions
- Support the company’s data strategy
- Test new visualisation and analytics technology to advance the teams capability
- Utilise data warehousing and ETL tools for BI development
- Work with the application development teams to help guide new developments from a data perspective
- Utilise APIs to access datasets of existing and new systems
- Training of technical and non-technical staff to make better use of their data
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, per the needs of the Company
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
Knowledge: (job related / professional)
- 1-2 years commercial experience working in a BI role in a technology centric business
- 1-2 years experience using BI tools, experience with Power BI is very desirable.
- Intermediate - expert knowledge of Excel required
- A working knowledge of one more programming languages, e.g Python, Java, R
- A working knowledge of SQL and similar database technologies
Understanding of data modelling concepts e.g star scheme
- Background using Amazon Web Services or similar cloud technologies would be desirable
- 5-year checkable history
Skills: (technical / managerial)
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively (out of the box)
- Good analytical and numeric skills
- Attention to detail
- Good research and organizational skills
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
KHC Values and Behaviours:
We care about doing a good job
- Dedication: we exceed customer expectations
- Responsibility: we take pride in and ownership of our work
- Credibility: we do what we say we are going to do
We believe in open and honest communications
- Confident: we have the confidence to express our opinions
- Open Minded: we openly share our ideas and views while listening and welcoming feedback
- Honesty: we are straight talking and trustworthy
We encourage collaborative working with partners, clients and each other
- Partnership: we partner with others to share work, ideas and thoughts
- Coaching and Mentoring: we support each other and share knowledge
- Teamwork: we work together to achieve our goals
We constantly strive to improve, via our people, processes and technology
- Initiative: we look for opportunities to improve and act
- Self-Development: we are motivated to develop our knowledge and skills
- Adaptability: we embrace change and are flexible
The Keyholding Company is a fast-growing company specialising in mobile security services, run by an enthusiastic team determined to transform the security industry. If you are interested in working in a fast paced, dynamic and rewarding work environment and you meet the requirements of this role, please send us your application.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
You must be eligible to work in the UK for any employer.
The Keyholding Company is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or beliefs, sex and sexual orientation.
- £25,0000 to 28,000 basic salary
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays)
Keyholding Company Benefits
- Workplace pension
- Access to 100s of benefits through Perkbox platformChildcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, and Keyholding Company Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Eyecare Vouchers
- Think Tank, Sports & Social, Quaterly Values Day