Senior Risk Manager
About Lintel Bank
Lintel Bank is to become a new UK retail bank which is customer centric and locally based. Lintel Bank will aim to provide the full range of banking facilities over time, but in initially focus on providing current accounts to individuals who come to the UK to work or study.
About the Candidate
The nature of the role is responsible for communicating risk policies and processes for the bank. They should be able to provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support. Risk Manager must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
Senior Risk Manager
The role involves promoting a sound risk awareness culture by linking strategy, day-to-day business execution and reward system to risk, in order to support the decision making process for business
- To contribute to the development, implementation and management of the Risk Framework, risk appetite, policies, procedures and management information requirements covering market, credit and operational risk.
- To drive a proactive risk culture across the bank
- Ensure reliable data is produced and that measurement/modelling of risks are refined to facilitate more complete analysis/evaluation of risk scenarios
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the bank, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the bank when risks occur
- Performing a risk assessment: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the bank
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the bank’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the bank such as costs and legal requirements
- Establishing the level of risk the bank are willing to take
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Manage the engagement with Internal/External Audit, ensuring consistency of learning and remedial actions. Drive timely resolution of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external auditors
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Risk Management or Management or Business Studies or Finance/Economics
- Have obtained, or be in the process of obtaining, a risk related professional qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience across all risk types in a management capacity
- Have worked with a regulator or in a mature regulated environment
- Strong analytical thinking and communication skills including the ability to research and understand complex processes and effectively communicate them to senior management
- Experience in leading/delivering risk assessments and scenario analysis
- Good stakeholder and relationship management skills.
- Personal integrity, the ability to lead a small team and take leadership of specific tasks and activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple areas and complex business lines.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
· £40,000- £50,000