Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Science Teacher for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in North West London. The school caters for pupils from KS1-KS4 who have been excluded from mainstream education and therefore have some level of SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) difficulties. The successful Science Teacher will cover all teaching duties and will have had previous experience working in a PRU or with students with SEMH difficulties. The role is to start as soon as possible on a temporary basis until July 2018 with a possibility of extending.
About the Role
- Science Teacher
- Role to start ASAP until July 2018 with the possibility of extending
- Will be teaching Year 8 to Year 11
- From £130 per day, depending on experience
About the School
- Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in North West London
- Ofsted rated 'Good’
- Pupils are aged between 5-16
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for children with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties
In order to be considered for this role, the Science Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Previous experience of working in an PRU or with students with SEMH difficulties
- Physical Intervention Training (desirable)
- Team Teach trained (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.