Gas Installation Engineer
Gas Installation Engineer
We require a few Gas Installation Engineers to perform domestic central heating surveys in private homes, including boiler replacements, system upgrades and new installation. We have a number of locations which include, Peterborough, Kent, Oxford, Suffolk, Suffolk and Norfolk etc.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Carry out central heating boiler and system installation/replacement surveys to provide a cost effective solution to the customer and business whilst keeping to current gas regulations and energy efficiency legislation
- To identify any defects/issues with the customer existing heating system that may affect the installation taking place and to discuss alternatives where possible
- To identify any Health & Safety issues which may hinder the engineers from carrying out the installation
- Supply the customer with a clear understanding of all works to be carried out and any alterations to their property
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times and answer any technical questions
- Ensure all administration tasks are performed in line with company procedures
- Strictly adhere to company Health & Safety procedures at all times
- Flexible approach to working hours, be willing to travel and lodge away from home from time to time to service customer demand.
- Extensive experience in the design of all domestic gas central heating installation.
- Previous experience in installing all types of central heating systems, including combination boilers, S, Y and W plan and system upgrades (i.e. feed and expansion to combination boiler)
- Extensive knowledge of building and gas safe regulations
- Understand the logic of condensing boilers and requirements of low water heat exchangers (i.e. the need for a pump live direct from boiler)
- Experience of the requirements of health and safety legislation, including the use of workplace risk assessments
Essential Qualification and Skills:
- Current gas qualifications (through an Accredited Certification Scheme), CCN1, CEN1, WAT1 and CPA1.
- Unvented Hot Water, Commission and Install
- A minimum NVQ Level 2/C&G or equivalent in a plumbing and/or heating related discipline
- Additional appropriate electrical qualifications would be a distinct advantage
- Full driving license (maximum six penalty points)
- General IT skills, the candidate will be required to complete documentation related to work activities, which may include the use of laptops or PDAs
- Ability to act independently, prioritize work and make intelligent but pragmatic decisions whilst having the judgment to know when to discuss and gain support from management
- Understanding of individual domestic customers and the requirements of excellent customer service.
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 17th edition or Part P electrical qualifications.
- Experience of renewable heating solutions, including Air-Source Heat Pumps and Solar Thermal would be a distinct advantage.
To be considered for the Gas Installation Engineer opportunity, please click on the APPLY button below!