Clinical Sales Associate (East Central)
For over 30 years Sanofi Genzyme have led the way in developing transformative medicines for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases. We take great pride in the way in which we have partnered with both clinicians and patient organisations in this field. In England, affected adults and children are cared for in a number of dedicated metabolic treatment centres, based in tertiary hospitals.
In this role you will be responsible for Liaison with diagnosing clinicians and departments, to raise awareness of certain rare inherited metabolic disorders, in order to improve the identification and diagnosis of patients and their referral to an appropriate treatment centre.
- Rapidly developing active and high impact relationships with a widespread population of diagnosing clinicians (with patient populations at higher risk of having certain rare disorders.)
- Training and education of physicians and nurses about lysosomal storage disorders (with specific reference to the areas where Genzyme currently have a therapy available)
- Development of Confirmatory Diagnostic Initiatives (CDIs) with relevant clinicians managing high-risk populations
- Ensuring clinicians’ understanding of the appropriate routes of referral for effective treatments
- Developing and managing a working business plan, as agreed with the line manager
- Assimilation and interpretation of complex clinical data to present and discuss with the medical audience
- Achieving set sales targets and KPIs as agreed with the Line Manager by undertaking all activities listed above, building and maintaining relationships with key personnel and any other activity that promotes Sanofi Genzyme products
Requirements & Qualifications
- A naturally resourceful and entrepreneurial individual with an exceptional record of high achievement ideally in either the rare disease or specialty care environment
- Evidence of line management experience and the ability to leverage cross-functional relationships at a senior level would be an advantage
- Outstanding account management and planning skills, with a proven track record of driving performance through key account management. Evidence of conceptual thinking and exceptional communication skills to create and deliver business plans in collaboration with the other functions in a business
- Personal gravitas and credibility to leverage relationships internally and externally to lead a cross-functional team on collaborative projects and customer interactions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and actively delivering innovative solutions both internally and externally
- Proven experience of selling into the Healthcare environment
- Competent at high level interactions throughout NHS
- An experienced and proven key account manager
- Detailed understanding of ABPI Code of Practice and its practical application in a business environment
- Life Science Degree, Nursing Degree or equivalent
- Experience of ERT therapy area and knowledge of existing KOL personnel
- Experience in Renal or Cardiology
Terms of Employment
Full time position - must be able to travel within the UK and at times abroad.
What makes this position unique?
This is a new role as part of an team expansion in Sanofi-Genzyme and will be part of the highly specialised and high performing Rare Disease team. This small team are dedicated to supporting clinicians and families with diagnosing and treating patients with Rare and debilitating diseases.
Benefits of working in this role
As a new role there will be lots of support to develop, learn and grow on an individual level. In addition to that there will be the opportunity to help shape the role and the RARE diseases strategy going forwards.
Career progression, as part of the wider Sanofi organisation there is lots of opportunities within and outside of RARE diseases in both field and office based roles.
Clinical Sales Associate - Fabry (CSA) - East Central . This role covers East Anglia, Essex, Oxfordshire and North West London areas. The applicant will be ideally located in the East Anglia, Essex, Oxfordshire and North West London.