Our client an international bank based in the City of London is seeking a Reconciliations Officer on a temp to perm basis, this Officer will have overall responsibility for performing daily reconciliations to ensure variances are quickly identified and tracked.
Key responsibilities include;
- Executing the daily reconciliations to ensure;
- Status of cash received/receivable and the amounts paid/payable are tracked,
- The interbank cash flows from transactions are received and paid appropriately.
- To Monitor unsettled transactions.
- Identify discrepancies between accounts.
- Ensure account reconciliation process is carried out in a timely manner and kept up to date, and the process is carried out in line with Finance and Operational Policies and Procedure Manuals.
- Track data reconciliation corrections and ensure effective controls are in place to mitigate against data discrepancies in future.
This position will have the opportunity to progress and develop into an Operational Risk position. You must have the drive and interest to develop your career into risk management and other areas. This is a small business and the role holder will be expected to be open to developing their skills into other areas and assisting other divisions where necessary.
To be successful in your application you must have experience within a finance function and reconciliations, including SWIFT processing and settlements and an understanding of UK accounting rules/ standards.