Senior Avionics Systems Engineer
Role: Senior Avionics Systems Engineer
Rate: £45 - £50 per hour
Duration: Initial 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Must be able to gain BPSS (baseline) clearance
My client designs and manufactures specialist Aircrafts and are looking to recruit a Senior Avionics Systems Engineer on an initial six month contract to assist in the technical design of Avionics Systems and to support the Head of Engineering, the Technical Director, Engineering Leads/CVEs and other designers to aid development of the Aircraft.
The Senior Avionics Systems Engineer will take responsibility and apply system engineering practice to the development of the various bespoke avionics systems for the Aircraft including the Primary Flight displays/controls and the Flight Control Network.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the development of the interface control documents, specifications and system schematics and provide technical management with suppliers to ensure they deliver the products to the system requirements.
- Working closely within the Engineering team, and other departments on all aspects of aircraft development, providing analysis results and supporting decision-making to inform future flight test planning and aircraft development work.
- With the Head of Systems Engineering, Electrical and Avionics, defining, planning and managing activities in support of aircraft electrical and avionics design work.
- Applying system engineering practice to the development of the various bespoke avionics systems and associated hardware.
- Leading the design and technical management of key elements of the Company's products.
- Providing technical management of suppliers to ensure the end product meets the input specification.
- Managing supplier design reviews and witnessing supplier testing.
- Providing technical liaison with the relevant Certification Authority and ensuring that all applicable EASA design and environmental requirements are met.
- Providing input to, and liaising with, Programmes to produce Statements of Work.
- Providing support to the engineers for aircraft system testing.
- Provision of technical support for development programmes.
- Liaison with Design, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and other appropriate departments to develop optimum design solutions.
- Producing lnterface Control Documents, specifications and system schematics.
- Representing the company on bespoke equipment development orientated issues with certification agencies and customers.
- Development of software tools and processes, and performing other related duties as required by the Company to inform aircraft development decisions.
- Exposure to processes across the product lifecycle from concept through to production. This will include high levels of competency in areas such as DO-178 and DO-254 development lifecycles, and aircraft system knowledge.
- A proven understanding of flight control systems (from architecture to hardware delivery) including data-bus protocols, FPGA devices etc.
- A good understanding and knowledge of avionics engineering principles gained within the aerospace industry including architecture knowledge.
- Experience of working across a broad area of design from concept through to detail design and then onto limited test / production support.
- An awareness of CAA/EASA/FAA certification procedures.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and Vector software would be an advantage.
If this role is of interest, please contact Modis Engineering based in Bristol or click the apply below to send your CV and we'll contact you to discuss more.