Power Electronics Design Engineer
Due to winning several large contracts my client is currently looking for a Power Electronics Design Engineer to join their team in their international headquarters based in the North East. They are international market leaders who specialise in the design and manufacture of a wide range of electrical machines and power electronic products for multiple applications.
The main duties of the role are to;
- Support in the design, development and testing of hardware / software solutions, working alongside a Principle Project Engineer & Project Manager.
- Assist with the development, analysis, and validation of design solutions to meet the project requirements using prototyping, simulation and validation by test techniques.
- Generate functional, component, manufacturing, test and validation specifications and contribute to the delivery of accurate project documentation.
- Support related activities such as drawing and printed circuit board development.
- Liaise with test and production departments during product introduction process, including design of test rigs.
- Support with the installation and commissioning of equipment at the customers premises.
- You will also be required to assist the Principal Engineer in the planning, test set-up and operation of qualification tests as necessary, including tests conducted off site. The production of accurate qualification test reports.
- Prepare materials for design reviews.
- Provide advice on all aspects of design and engineering to management and staff to ensure effective decision making.
- Participate in, and where requested, lead risk mitigation activities including DFMEA and Hazard analysis.
The ideal candidate must have experience in the following;
- Design and test experience of Power Electronic Converters (AC:AC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in using simulation tools including Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Power Electronics Design,
- Analogue and Systems Engineering,
- Digital Electronics,
- System Simulation,
- Semiconductor Switching devices and thermal design,
- specification of electromagnetic assemblies.
- Knowledge of EMC and mitigation through design.
- Awareness of Embedded Systems and Control Engineering
The candidate must possess a degree in Electronics Engineering (BEng 2:1 or higher) with disciplines in Power