Shift Engineering Technician
Want to further your career as a Shift Engineering Technician at an award-winning FMCG company that's truly entrepreneurial?
TM Telford is our state-of-the-art yogurt production facility in Telford, which is focused on developing the UK private label yogurt market. This year sees the start of extensive expansion plans for the Telford site, with our Private Label volumes set to grow to over 4 million pots over the next 3 years.
We are looking for multi-skilled Shift Engineering Technicians who possess a keen eye for detail and strong experience of preventative maintenance techniques to join us at this exciting time, to assist in the delivery of key targets and plans, working closely with the manufacturing team to achieve optimum productivity and shared targets.
Equipment reliability and efficient performance is key to our success, combined with high output engineering and low downtime. All these factors are totally critical to our consistent delivery of excellent customer service and as an Engineering Technician you will play a vital role in managing both our production and our reputation.
In this role the key responsibilities / experience MUST include:
* Experience of maintaining complex machinery to the highest standard to deliver efficiency targets within an FMCG environment.
* Conducting PM and breakdown activities on shift and help to deliver a world class service in regard to filling machine or process plant availability and efficiency
* Comfortable working individually or as part of a team, using your own initiative to solve complex problems
* Knowledge of PLC's
* Experience working with hydraulics and pneumatics and conveyor systems is essential
* Work closely with reliability engineering, continuous improvement and operational teams to drive efficiency targets.
* Identify gaps/ efficiencies in PM schedules based on experience.
* Support development of PM schedules for new/ upgraded site assets.
* Compliance to SAP requirements to ensure we develop a full and accurate asset work history.
* ONC/HNC in engineering a desirable as well as a full, time served apprenticeship (please detail in your cv).
Process plant and filling/packaging machinery experience is highly desirable as well as experience in a similar food manufacturing environment.
D or equivalent in an Engineering or associated discipline
* Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing company in an Engineering discipline.
* IOSH qualification
* Action orientated with ability to drive and achieve challenging goals
* Ability to demonstrate commitment and drive to deliver KPI measurements and targets
* Experience of using root cause analysis and problem solving techniques
* The ability to build good working relationships cross functionally, with a good level of influencing and interpersonal skills
* Food industry knowledge desired.
*Candidates who have previous experience within the food industry are preferred however if you can demonstrate these skills within another sector then we want to hear from*
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at ***********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960361333