Solution Architect - Cloud Technologies
Mosaic Island, a leading digital business transformation consultancy, are working with numerous customers in the Telecoms and Media sectors.
We are currently working on one particularly exciting and high-profile programme of work which aims to deliver business transformation in a number of areas of our customer's business.
As a result, we are looking for experienced Cloud Architect ideally from a Telecoms background to work in our wider delivery team.
Our clients programme is a wide scale IT transformation programme delivering an entirely new application estate into the business. The programme has a “cloud first” principle and more than 90% of the estate will be deployed as either IaaS, PaaS or SaaS.
The responsibilities of the Cloud Architect will be to:
- Ensure that the solutions delivered by the System Integrators meet the objectives and principles which the programme set out to achieve
- Support the System Integrators to resolve complex solution and implementation issues
- Ensuring the solution is correctly leveraging cloud features and tooling provided by the cloud vendors, to avoid proliferation of legacy tooling and solutions
- Helping to transition the operations teams to the new way of working with cloud
- Helping to manage the financial implications of cloud through establishment of strong governance frameworks.
- Align the programme with other strategic programmes delivering in parallel (e.g. the network transformation and operations transformation)
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in a Cloud Architect role in a large transformation programme in a large (FTSE 100 scale) organisation
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment, particularly Azure experience would be advantageous
- Ability to review and contribute to detailed solutions, while understanding the “big picture” strategy and direction
- Experience implementing cloud management tools and processes to support operational changes
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication, at all levels from engineer up to director
- Telecoms industry experience not required
We are paying competitive rates for this role with the opportunity to work on an exciting cutting-edge consultancy engagement on a long-term basis.
Mosaic Island is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or Employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960362304