Desktop Build & Test analyst
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The role of the Test and Config Analyst is to assist in BAU activity responding to various requests logged through ITSM Software supplementary to the development and continuous improvement of the team.
· Build laptops and desktops with lookers Gold image
· Procuring Hardware and keeping Stock cupboards organised.
· Install, maintain and support new applications
· To script and automate the installation of software packages.
· To conduct compatibility testing of software\hardware prior to release.
· Using SCCM to package and deliver applications and operating systems.
· To understand the impact of introducing new hardware with other IT staff and customers and to be able to communicate the changes in an effective manner.
· To work with other IT staff to ensure appropriate installation and support procedures are well documented.
· Assist Lookers plc staff with new Microsoft products and procedures.
· Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and Problems
· Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems
· Provide exceptional Service support to the business.
· Keeping up to date with Technical and service developments within the industry and making recommendations where appropriate.
· Keep up to date with advancements in technology
· Additional responsibilities as requested by the T&C Team Leader
· 2 years' experience in a service delivery environment.
· Experience of using a range of Microsoft Products. Windows 7, Windows 10, SCCM 2012
· Active Directory administration
· Group Policy
· 1st and 2nd line IT support
· Documentation of installation and support processes
· Strong communication, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to break down technical language/solutions in a way which customers understand
· Identifying incidents and resolving at the root cause.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.