Corporate Reporting Manager
Greenergy supplies road fuel to customers in the UK and Canada. We operate globally with offices in Canada, the USA, Brazil and Dubai and source fuels from around the world, receiving over 700 shipments annually. To deliver fuel to our customers, we also have an in-house haulage operation employing over 250 drivers. Greenergy is a major investor in the UK's fuel infrastructure, regenerating import terminals that are essential to the country's ongoing supply security. Each employee adds value to the business and the expectations are high. Greenergy is a big organisation with a small company mind-set. The work is diverse and interesting; we are constantly evolving and improving.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for all aspects of the corporate reporting of the Greenergy Group.
Main duties of the role
·Preparation of external reporting requirements - Provide the financial governance & control and deliver all reports and returns as necessary, to protect the business and to ensure it operates within the legal, statutory and regulatory requirement of the markets in which it operates. This includes leading the year end and half year financial audits, liaising with the external auditors, and preparation of both consolidated and separate statutory accounts for all Group companies.
·Overseeing reporting to investors – Manage the preparation of quarterly reporting to and responses to ad hoc requests from Greenergy’s investment company, Brookfield Business Partners. Brookfield is a publicly quoted entity, listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange.
·Overseeing the monthly management reporting – Provide monthly management reporting to the CFO and management, the board, and external parties as required. Reports should be accurate, well-presented and timely, with meaningful commentary, working closely with the other entity accountants to understand business performance.
·Consideration and consultation on technical accounting matters – Understand and discuss new or unusual transactions to determine the correct accounting treatment, preparing accounting papers for both internal management review and external audit review, setting out impact and treatment under IFRS.
·Preparation of the statutory format consolidation – Prepare the consolidated profit and loss and balance sheet on a monthly basis, ensuring all eliminations are accurately reflected.
·Covenant reporting – Assist treasury team with any queries on monthly numbers as part of the external covenant reporting; management accounts driven by the consolidation report are required by various banks and third parties at regular intervals.
·Balance sheet reviews – Attend balance sheet reviews as agreed within the team. Consider any potential impact on Group results and escalate where necessary.
·Relationship Management - Build strong relationships with the group finance team and the wider management group, as well as managing relationships with external advisors.
·Team management – Managing the corporate reporting team.
- Qualified accountant with management accounting and business partnering experience Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards - IFRSPossesses and demonstrates real analytical skill and can apply a logical approach to new challengesBe a strong communicator and possess an ability to develop trusting and credible relationships at all levels of the business, to director level. Have a questioning and inquisitive mind – not afraid to ask questions or challenge convention, nor to drive improvements and efficiencies as appropriateTakes personal responsibility and accountability for their work and the work of their team – you will own everything reported.
- Is comfortable working independently of direct supervision and able to demonstrate personal initiative and drive
- Is ambitious, enthusiastic and looking to progress within a reputable and fast moving organisation.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Oracle.
- Experience of working in the road fuel industry
- Mark-to-market accounting.
To apply for this role please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role.
If you should have any queries regarding this position please call Debbie Rees 01827 302298- No Agencies – thank you
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80527447