IoT Web Engineer
IoT Web Engineer
An exciting new opportunity to join the UK's leading fire and gas detection business involved at the front end of technology with the business development shaping the future of the industry sector.
This exciting new role will involve spending considerable time gathering information, whilst travelling throughout the UK & I visiting key customers establishing informative reports for development proposal requirements which will form a key part to our business strategy. We are seeking a proactive person who is not afraid to question the norm of technology that may already be established in certain areas, but has a clear understanding as to what will be required to make a positive impact in a new business arena with new market leading products and technology.
Specific Job Skills:
- Timely accurate response to reporting requirements to meet company objectives in driving business growth and profitability
- Excellent Planning and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail particularly in relation to Standards and best practice
- Preparation of presentational support for business case
- Be technically conversant with IoT technologies, AWS, Security protocols, embedded systems, mobile development, hardware interfacing, IP networking
- Have a good base knowledge of design principles, UI/UX design and web design.
- Be able to design and plan process flows.
- Excellent diagnostics and problem solving skills
- Be responsible for creation of detailed technical specifications to assist product specifications and engineered solutions.
- Whilst you may be required to work within a team or working group, you may also be required to liaise with other business professionals such designers, product and software developers, testers, etc.
- Must be a competent user of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Adobe to an advanced level
- Understanding of data visualization and business intelligence
- Comfortable in various scripting languages
List of Duties:
- Prepare written technical product specifications to meet company objectives to drive business growth and profitability
- To be able to demonstrate theoretical skills and knowledge that can be utilised both through specification and through theory application
- To be able to demonstrate and/or develop knowledge of design practices in relation to IoT technology and core web principles.
- To build an indepth understanding of our product range and the current legislation that determines their application and use in the markets we target and serve
- Ensure quality and accuracy through all commercial aspects of specification submissions to support business development expectations
- Manage client relationships and communication be them internal or external in relation to development enquiries as required
- Ensure all key stakeholders involved with the product specification / development process are informed at all times
- Produce regular reports outlining development progress and suggestions be them for project development or technical progress at all levels internally within the business
- To work across all internal and external departments in the development of end to end technical specification support requirements
Hours- 8:30 - 5:00 Flexibility may be required
Market rate Salary