Sumner & Scott are recruiting on behalf of a Consultancy that provides Artificial Intelligence powered SaaS solutions
We are looking for a Data Scientist with strong experience in Machine Learningtechnologies that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, creating new machine learning models (neural networks), doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
We are looking for experts with experience in building recommendation systems, creating scoring algorithms and improving classifier systems.
Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques;
Building machine learning models powered by neural networks;
Data mining using state-of-the-art methods;
Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis;
Understanding client requirements to build machine learning models; and
Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.;
· Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R and NumPy. ;
· Great communication skills;
· Experience with data visualisation tools (including D3.js and GGplot);
· Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig;
· Experience in Apache Spark;
· Experience in building neural network models using TensorFlow;
· Experience with NoSQL databases such Cassandra or HBase;
· Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.;
· Experience in using Linux environment, Linux command line and GIT; and
· 3 years’ commercial experience in Python or Java.
· PhD or Masters in Computer Science or Mathematics
· 3 Years Commercial Experience