Technical Electrical Engineer
Technical Electrical Engineer
An exciting new opportunity to join the UK's leading fire and gas detection business involved at the front end of technology with the business development shaping the future of the industry sector.
This exciting new role will involve spending considerable time gathering information, whilst travelling throughout the UK and visiting key customers establishing informative reports for development proposal requirements which will form a key part to the business strategy.Our client is seeking a proactive person who is not afraid to question the norm of technology that may already be established in certain areas, but has a clear understanding as to what will be required to make a positive impact in a new business arena with new market leading products and technology.
Specific Job Skills:
- Timely accurate response to reporting requirements to meet company objectives in driving business growth and profitability
- Excellent Planning and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail particularly in relation to Standards and best practice
- Preparation of presentational support for business case
- Be technically conversant with Monitoring, Care, Fire and CO Standard Regulations throughout UK&I for design and installation techniques
- Have a good base knowledge of Manufacturing Process to component level, techniques and value engineering
- Ensure all proposals and specifications are prepared in line with British, European and International standards.
- Be responsible for creation of detailed technical specifications to assist product build specifications and engineered solutions
- A passion for working with people and providing person - centred care
- Whilst you may be required to work within a team or working group, you may also be required to liaise with other business professionals such designers, product and software developers, testers, etc.
- Must be a competent user of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Adobe and Access to an advanced level
- Understanding of programming language and logic, C, C+ etc
List of Duties:
- Prepare written technical product specifications to meet company objectives to drive business growth and profitability
- To be able to demonstrate theoretical skills and knowledge that can be utilised both through specification and through theory application
- To be able to demonstrate and/ or develop knowledge of best practice in Social Care, Fire and Gas Protection System Monitoring solutions with the appropriate knowledge for domestic and wider commercial applications
- To build an in depth understanding of our product range and the current legislation that determines their application and use in the markets we target and serve
- Ensure quality and accuracy through all commercial aspects of specification submissions to support business development expectations
- Manage client relationships and communication be them internal or external in relation to development enquiries as required
- Ensure all key stakeholders involved with the product specification / development process are informed at all times
- Produce regular reports outlining development progress and suggestions be them for project development or technical progress at all levels internally within the business
- Provide feedback to the business on relevant BS EN regulatory requirements to further help develop technologies and growth
- To work across all internal and external departments in the development of end to end technical specification support requirements
Hours- 8:30 - 5:00 Flexibility may be required
Market rate Salary