£26,000 - £33,000 DOE
Our client is looking for an experienced Management Account to lead and manage their small team.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure accurate and efficient processing of all accounts and payroll duties
- Management accounts pack production (final review and input from your team's work) including cost centres
- Management accounts analysis, identifying cost saving opportunities
- Month end procedures and reporting including Group sales and cashflow
- Payroll review and submission including year-end and P11d's, PSA and expenses
- VAT Returns along with other regulatory returns as required such as EC Sales, Intrastats and Government surveys
- Year end and audit preparation including tax pack, PBC list
- Verification and maintenance of fixed asset register in Excel (acquisitions, disposals)
- Projects as assigned to support CFO
- Stay up to date with legislation and regulations that affect the Company and department
- Ad-hoc VAT, reports, analysis/contract work
- Occasional travel to group company in South West (max 2 days per 2 months plus 3 days at year end)
- Train and develop a small team, encouraging professional conduct and setting goals.
- Recognise and implement training to encourage and motivate the team to produce consistently high standard of work.
Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Honest and ethical, with integrity, professional and discrete
- Experience of supervising a small team demonstrating excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills
- Able to build relationships and procedures with customers, department managers and team members
- Diplomatic, approachable yet assertive
- Independent, proactive, dynamic and able to improve systems and guide the team
- Solid Excel and reporting skills, experience of SAGE200 desirable but not essential
- Able to be flexible with working hours where extra work required (occasionally at month end deadlines and usually around year-end)
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!