Measurement and Trials Engineer
Senior Measurement and Trials Engineer
The business is seeking a Masters qualified individual but would accept BEng with some good experience
- Within this role, you will be working in a range of sectors covering warships, subs, aircraft, wind turbines, rail vehicles and oil rigs.
- The largest sectorsare Marine, Rail and Renewables so those with broader experience would be ideal to help develop this offering even further
- Responsibilities will include writing method statements, designing instrumentation schemes, undertaking risk assessments, installing instrumentation, data processing, and review. The business will review individuals with experience of just some of the responsibilities if you don't have them all
- This role will sometimes entail you being deployed on-site with customers for periods up to a couple of weeks at the most.
The successful individual will be able to demonstrate experience of field and laboratory-based experimental work covering a wide range of technical activities:
- Planning and executing testing programmes, including the development of method statements and health and safety risk assessments;
- Sound theoretical and practical understanding of measurement techniques;
- Experience of a range of sensor technologies (e.g. strain, vibration, pressure, load, noise), and understanding of the practical issues involved in specifying instrumentation;
- Theoretical and practical understanding of signal and data analysis techniques;
- Site based forensic investigation, including problem diagnosis and development of high level remedial schemes;
- Measurement to compliment numerical modelling;
- Measurement to supporting operational and asset integrity programmes.
The business is seeking an individual who has a strong technical background and experience in project management and commercial awareness.
The ability to demonstrate a range of the following attributes will be advantageous:
- Strong self-motivation with a history of working autonomously;
- Understanding of the risks involved in site-based work and experience of managing emergent problems in a logical and pragmatic manner.
- Experience of a consultancy environment would be ideal, including experience with developing bids, customer liaison and business development;
- Candidates would ideally be able to demonstrate experience across a range of industry sectors; marine, power generation, gas turbines, transport or oil and gas;
- Comfortable in client-focused roles;
- Strong project and programme management, including working in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience of developing procurement specifications and working with suppliers;
- Leading small teams of engineers;
- Experience with training and mentoring junior engineers
Please note this is a permanent position