The Legal Counsel will join a forward-thinking, and dynamic in-house Legal function responsible for providing legal and commercial/contractual advice and expertise across the business. The Legal Counsel will provide legal advice to stakeholders in regards to both procurement and sales contracts. The Legal Counsel will report to the Head of function.
This position would suit applicants currently working as a Commercial Officer or Contracts Officer, who hold law degrees. Equally, a recently qualified solicitor looking to broaden their commercial experience, or an LPC graduate (or equivalent) with knowledge of commercial law and experience of working "in house".
Specific duties of the Legal Counsel include:
- Review, draft and negotiate Commercial Contracts for both customers and suppliers
- Review and re-negotiate NDAs where applicable
- Review and negotiate contractual disputes
- Assisting Legal management with different projects as they arise.
- Analysis of commercial agreement
- Build effective and fruitful relationships with global stakeholders
Applicants to the Legal Counsel position should meet the following criteria:
- Law/Legal background - a Law degree, LPC qualification, or recently qualified Lawyer
- Exposure to; commercial, supplier, customer or procurement contracts would be beneficial
- Ability to review, draft and negotiate contractual agreements
- A confident, out-going, self-starter and relationship builder
- The flexibility to travel 1 week per month to Europe
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.